Tyre and wheel Alignment services
Wheel alignment is an affordable service that can easily make you save money. Indeed, your new tyre investment can be wasted by a bad tyre alignment.
Wheel alignment is part of your car maintenance and must be checked regularly in order to avoid risks on road. Read how to identify a bad wheel alignment and why checking and maintaining the alignment of your tyres is key for your security and your budget!
What is vehicle wheel alignment?
The tyre alignment consists of adjusting the angle of the wheels in order to make them parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground. This operation is intended to prevent too much friction or premature wear of tyres or suspension.
The alignment of the tyre is the adjustment of three elements: camber, toe, and caster.
- Camper adjustment: viewed from the front of the vehicle, the specialist adjusts the inward or outward angles of the tyre.
- Toe adjustment: viewed from above, the angle identifies the exact direction the tyres are pointed compared to the centerline of the vehicle.
- Caster adjustment: viewed from the side, this angle identifies the forward or backward slope of a line drawn through the upper and lower steering pivot points.
Point S expertise in tyres alignment for motorcycles, trucks, and agricultural vehicles
All Point S centers carry out tyre services by our teams regularly trained in new technologies andequipped with the best equipment. They are able to align tyres of all types of vehicle, from the car to the truck or agricultural vehicle.
Benefits of wheel alignment
A good alignment will bring you many benefits in terms of comfort, money and security:
- It will help reducing the maintenance budget of your car. Indeed, thanks to a good adjustment, your tyres will benefit from a better rolling resistance.
- It reduces the fuel consumption. Indeed, when your 4 tyres are well aligned, it reduces friction on road and it requires less energy for the same distance driving.
- Because changing tyre is not always a pleasant moment for your budget, keep in mind that having wheelsaligned optimize the lifetime of your tyres.
- It protects some mechanical parts of the vehicle. Indeed, some parts of your car that present an abnormal wear can have a bad impact of alignment.
- 4 wheels aligned improve maneuverability and car control, which is a huge factor of security when you drive in bad climate condition. Moreover, it provides a much more pleasant and more comfort driving.
- Your vehicle will emit less CO2. It can also help reducing pollution, better for the environment!
3 indicators of a bad wheel alignment
Because it can be sometime difficult to know if you need to align your wheels, have a look on our 3 quick exerttips:
- Your tyre wear irregularly
- The drive of the vehicle can be modified in a straight line: imagine you are driving in highway, you should be able to release the steering for one second. If you notice that the direction of your car is moving to the left or the right, it can be a sign a bad wheel alignment.
- The curved trajectory can change
When to check your alignment?
It is recommended to you align the wheels of your vehicle once a year or every 20,000 kilometers. However, an anomaly of alignment can appear during all the lifetime of the tyre, and if you notice the appearance of one of the three indicators above, we advise you to carry out a regular control by a specialist.
Wheel alignment in Abidjan
And you, when was the last time you have checked your tyre alignment? Contact your Point S store in Abidjan to get in touch with our Point S expert that will take care of your wheel alignment.